Monday, 16 April 2007

Just so I know...

If a gypsy curses you, what's the correct protocol?

Are you supposed to tag her, shout 'no curse-backs!' and then run away?

I'm not sure.

****

I'm going to the States later this week to play the smarty-pants at an academic conference on theatre, which to many seems like the equivalent of discussing the flavour of the ice cream while it melts away, but I actually get quite a kick out of it. I'll be presenting a paper on stand-up, which I've lovingly researched and crafted in careful, measured terminology, and after it's done and dusted I plan to revert back to the Brodacious boy everyone knows and loves, the one who makes fun of dead baby seals and stuff. (BTW, anyone from Canada know the current score of the seal cull? When I checked last week I think it was Canadians 189,000 - Seals 0). (Go Canucks Go!)

****

I think this girl is really funny.



****

And I just got this book through the post.


Culture and Materialism

Can you believe it? Me! The guy who wanted to take his top off and stand around Abercrombie and Fitch all day for £4.50 an hour!

3 comments:

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

You is linked dude, finding hard to see one of your London gigs, you coming to Edinborough this year?

Broderick said...

Coming to Ed as an open spot and a tourist this year. Perhaps a week, ten days maybe?

I thought you were quite anti-Edinburgh? Which I would agree with for la theatre, but say the eternal comedianist argument, 'it's different for comedy.'

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

I am anti-Edinburgh but if someone pays me and I get to make laffs, it is all good by me.

Phone when you're up there.